I made this amazing buffalo chicken pizza that I just had to share. I bought all of my ingredients from my local whole foods. Even though I could have ordered a takeout cheaper, it was completely worth every penny. As always, I had to make it half fake chicken and the other half real chicken. I used the recipe from Rachel Ray but I didn't use the Worcestershire sauce only because I didn't have any available. The fresh pizza dough was amazing!
* chicken or fake chicken!!! i used one small breast that covered half the pizza
* Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
* 2 teaspoons grill seasoning, (recommended: McCormick Montreal Seasoning)
* 1 pizza dough, store bought or from your favorite pizzeria
* Cornmeal or flour, to handle dough
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, eyeball it
* 2 to 3 tablespoons hot sauce, medium to spicy heat
* 1/2 cup tomato sauce
* 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, a few generous handfuls
* 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles (i used fresh blue cheese and crumbled it, creamier texture makes all the difference.
* 3 scallions, thinly sliced
This wasn't on the directions but I rolled out my pizza dough and put it in the oven at 450 for about 8 or so minutes to pre-cook the crust. Place chicken (or fake chicken) on a plate and drizzle extra-virgin olive oil over the chicken then season with grill seasoning. When grill is hot, add chicken and cook about 3 minutes on each side (I just pan fried since I have no grill).
Stretch dough to form pizza using cornmeal or flour to help you handle it. If you let it rest and warm up a few minutes it will handle even easier.
In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter and stir in Worcestershire, hot sauce, and tomato sauce. Remove the chicken from grill and thinly slice it. Add chicken to sauce and coat. Cover the pizza dough with the saucy Buffalo chicken, cheeses, and scallions. Bake 18 minutes or until crisp.